Fastest Way To Learn Spanish – Hot Tips
There is no magic bullet to learn Spanish quickly, but there is one thing that is proven again and again to help to speed up language learning. The fastest way to learn Spanish is through exposure and immersion in live and authentic language as much as possible.
Immerse into Spanish as much as you can. Use Spanish every day and whenever it is possible. It is not from the textbooks and grammar exercises you learn to speak Spanish naturally, but through active interaction in authentic Spanish speaking environment. Learn idioms and sayings. Read native materials. Interact with native speakers.
Aim for diverse Spanish learning strategies and use every technique and opportunity to practice.
Here are some essential Spanish immersion tips:
- Find a Spanish speaking pen pal or live-chat partner. For example, Language exchange network is free site to chat and learn Spanish over internet at http://www.sharedtalk.com/ For Spanish speaking pen-pal you may try http://www.ipfusa.com/index.html and to learn Spanish over Skype, visit http://www.nulengua.com
- Make a Spanish newspaper or news agency site your default Home Page on your Internet browser. For a list of Latin American Newspapers on Internet got to: http://lanic.utexas.edu/la/region/news/
- Many Spanish speaking radio stations all over the world let you listen to their programs for free online. Even if you don’t understand everything, you will still be exposing yourself to intonation of the language, which is extremely important for learning proper pronunciation. Spanish radio from Spain at http://www.listenlive.eu/spain.html or Latin American radio stations at http://www.e-spanyol.hu/en/radio.php
- Television stations provide clips from their news programs, such as http://video.globo.com/. TV channel sites also provide a lot of up to date cultural information about the country.
- Using the internet is one of the best ways to expose yourself to authentic language. There are thousands of websites to learn Spanish. You should try reading blogs in addition to the news so that you will understand both informal and formal language. Go to http://www.spanishblogger.com/index.php for the list of Spanish blogging sites. Also, there are many sites that offer free Spanish lessons.
- Subscribe to some Learn Spanish ezines to be emailed to you regularly. Learn as you clear the inbox.
- Learn Spanish iPhone or IPad applications is great way to learn Spanish while being entertained. Below is the list of the best app to learn Spanish.
Learn Spanish app for iPhone or iPad:
- iSpeakSpanish. Great app for beginners. Use as translator and for learning Spanish pronunciation.
- 24/7 Tutor Spanish 101. Gamas, puzzles, flash cards covering such topics as family, travel, colors and more.
- AccelaStudy Spanish. Create your own study plan, learn with flash cards, audio and quizzes.
- MyWords Spanish. Build your vocabulary with 10 new words a day using visual and audio tools .
- Spanish Verb Conjugation Trainer. Self explanatory – learn all basic Spanish verbs conjugations.
- Basic Spanish for Dummies. App for building essential vocabulary and expressions.
- El Mejor Ahorcado or “The Best Hangman,” is great vocabulary game to keep you entertained. Spanish Touch Trainer– for learning he basic sentence structure, grammar and conjugation while earning points. From beginner up to advanced level.
- Gengo Quiz – Spanish One more– Spanish quiz app up to intermediate level.
- Notes in Spanish Podcast – This learn Spanish podcast app is great for listening comprehension for all levels. Listen to discussion about common topic – social situations, music and travel. You can get worksheet of each podcast from their website.
- Learn Spanish idioms and informal language. One way is to watch Spanish movies with Spanish AND English subtitles. Another way is to read books that are written exclusively for slang, like the Slangman/Street series or the Streetwise series.
- Use learn Spanish video immersion programs to watch videos, listen to music with subtitles and vocabulary building exercises. Listening to songs in Spanish also helps to build vocabulary since rhymes are more easily remembered.
- The most effective way (and most expensive) is to sign up for the Spanish classes in the Spanish speaking country. In this way you will be exposed to the Spanish speaking environment and culture most of the time.
Most cost effective and also the fastest way to learn Spanish is with quality Spanish language programs. Such Spanish program will make your learning much more fun and keep you motivated for the long time. Quality Spanish language software should contain self tests and progress tracking feature to monitor your advancement. As a rule, a good course will have multitude of integrated features, such as audio lessons, videos, games, culture lessons, vocabulary building software, real-life dialogues etc.
When learning a new language, it is necessary to be exposed to it every single day. Simply put, the more you immerse into Spanish on a regular basis, the quicker you will learn and get the feeling that you naturally know what ‘ feels right’ in Spanish.
And remember, that the real world is where mistakes are made, weaknesses are found, and fluency is achieved.