Michel Thomas Spanish Review – Join The Class
Each lesson in Michel Thomas Spanish program is an audio recording of the classroom situation, and you are one of the students who actively participate in the class. You follow the other student’s progress and you learn from their mistakes. The students on the recordings are not reading from scripts and they have received no additional instruction or preparation – just the guidance you hear on the recording.
Michel Thomas Method enables you to naturally and intuitively develop the building blocks for Spanish comprehension. You learn at your own speed–listening, speaking, and thinking through the language. By the end of the program, you will be able naturally put together Spanish words and phrases and make your own sentences.
The philosophy of this method is that there’s no such thing as a poor student and that full responsibility for your learning lays with the teacher, not with you, the student.
|| Cons -
- Focus on conversational Spanish with natural and relevant topics.
- No need to memorize anything, stop for homework or do additional exercises.
- Easy to grasp, nontechnical explanations and many opportunities for practice.
- This unique method breaks down Spanish into its core parts and then is put together in a way that student understands it.
- Encourages your active participation in the lesson. While the students are thinking about the correct answer you have to think as well and say your answer out loud before they do.
- You will learn many Spanish verbs and their conjugations and tenses. You will also learn about sentence structure and a lot about pronunciation.
- Michel Thomas talks about similarities and differences between the Spanish and English. In contrast to other methods, Thomas gives clues in English to initiate response in the “target language,” rather than giving phrases in the new language that the learner is asked to repeat. This is effective learning, since the student must retrieve the foreign words and phrases from memory in his/her own language.
- Michel Thomas is not a native Spanish speaker and has an accent in Spanish.
- Some may find annoying hearing two other students in the lesson who try to repeat Spanish words and make mistakes along the way while being corrected by the teacher.
- Not very extensive Spanish vocabulary and lacks some essentials like telling the time, days of the week and months of the year, and numbers and colors.
- You will not learn how to write in Spanish.
- No additional online resources, user forums or online testing.
- Lacks culture lessons.
Michel Thomas Spanish Course – The Bottom Line
Michel Thomas Spanish course is either like it or hate it. Those who don’t like it can’t stand the idea of listening to somebody else trying to learn Spanish and Michel’s accent. There are more of those, however, who like it, because without doubt it is an easy and quick way to learn Spanish. The method has been very popular over many years, especially in UK.
Michel Thomas Spanish is similar in its approach to Pimsleurs Spanish, just the format is different. Both are audio only courses and great for complete beginners in Spanish. With Michel Thomas you participate in a class and it is quite informal, but with Pimsleur you have more academic approach and learn more formal Spanish.
The Michel Thomas course is an excellent choice for travel Spanish and especially good for absolute beginners. Most importantly, Michel Thomas Spanish course will give you a confidence to actually speak Spanish.
Click Here for Michel Thomas Spanish and Free Sample >>
Learn Spanish with Michel Thomas – What You Get
- Michel Spanish Spanish audio CD or audio downloads
- Spanish is taught in ‘real-time’ conditions as you listen to Michael Thomas teaching his two other students.
- Explanations and instructions in English.
- Learn Spanish vocabulary, speaking and grammar/sentence structure.
Michel Thomas with Sofia Loren
Michel Thomas (1914-2005) had an amazing life. Born in Poland, he spent his early years in Germany and then in France, where he studied psychology at the Sorbonne in Paris. During the war he suffered imprisonment in slave labor camps. At the end of the war he joined the US liberation army and settled in the US where he established his world-famous language school. For more than 50 years he taught languages to the rich and famous and was the world’s most sought-after language teacher. The list of celebrities includes Woody Allen, Emma Thompson, Bob Dylan and Barbra Streisand.
Available also for learning: French, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Polish, Dutch, Greek, Portuguese, Russian. Published by McGraw-Hill.
For Audio CD: any computer or device with CD Drive;
For Instant Downloads: PC, MAC, iPod, MP3
|Excellent for learning … This entirely audio course is easy to use and quickly results in some useful ability in the new language. Great for the car. ~ Adventure Travel
Thomas makes it simple. ~ Sunday Times
Michel’s methods will teach you effectively and easily ~ Daily Star
Ideal for any business traveler who needs to be able to get around confidently. ~ Sunday Business
Five minutes into the first CD, you already feel like you’re winning.~ Time Out
Learning Spanish with Michel was the most extraordinary learning experience of my life: it was unforgettable. ~ Emma Thompson
The best way to learn
This course excels is in its ability to provide you with a confident understanding of how to structure the Spanish language. … It gives you the foundation to be creative. This is the best way to learn the basics full stop! ~ Actual user comments from amazon.com
Better than I expected
This is one of the best programs that I have ever purchased or even listened to. .. his method of memorization is so easy. ~ Actual user comment from amazon.com, November 2009
These CDs have helped me a lot.
I can walk into a crowded room in Spain or Mexico certain in the knowledge I’ve got a decent shot at making myself understood, without sounding like a robot. That’s high praise.~ Actual user comment from amazon.com, October 2007
After listening to the first two cd’s in this set I am equally impressed. This method has made a difference in just one listening. … It is so far ahead of other tape sets that I have listened to and given up on. ~ Actual user comment from amazon.com, February 2001
|Need more grammar and more extensive vocabulary
I’m not sure, why Michel did not put out a much longer course in which he introduced more extensive vocabulary and gave more practice sentences, not to mention the grammar of nouns and adjectives. ~ Actual user comment from amazon.com July 2001
Good content/too much chit-chat
The content is good and low pressure but there is too much chit-chat in English that I could have done without. I also hate repeating something that the “student” says only to hear that it’s wrong, so I find myself repeating the wrong answer right along with the student every time I replay it. But all in all, I love the Michel Thomas system. ~ Actual user comments from amazon.com, June 2007
Don’t like listening to other student’s mistakes (Michel Thomas Advanced). ~ Actual user comment amazon.com. April 2007
The annoying thing is that Michel Thomas makes his students repeat their responses 3,4 or even 5 times..The listener has to endure the tedium of the repetition… ~ Actual user comment amazon.com.
Where To Buy Michel Thomas Spanish
Overall the best place to buy Michel Thomas is at Audible.com. This is an Amazon.com company which sells audio books. In the time of this publication Audible offered the best price for Michel Thomas Spanish instant download 2 hour long beginners course:
→ Instant Download of Michel Thomas Spanish Course from Audible (2 hours)>
For those who are looking for Michel Thomas Spanish CD course, head to regular amazon.com site where you can choose between several options:
→ Michel Thomas Spanish for Beginners 10 Cd program
→ Michel Thomas Speak Spanish Vocabulary Builder: 5-CD Vocabulary Program
→ Michel Thomas Speak Spanish Language Booster: 2-CD Booster Program
→ Michel Thomas Advanced Spanish, 5-CD Program
Previous Versions of Michel Thomas Spanish (CD):
→ Michel Thomas Foundation Course (8 hours course)
→ Michel Thomas Spanish Vocabulary course